Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 1 - 14th June 2013 - Home to HCMC

VIETNAM | Saturday, 15 June 2013 | Views [380]

Well our journey has started for 2013. Collin Hall picked us up bright and early at 6.15am and got us to the airport in record time. After checking in we headed through security and Kevin went off to his favorite store - the Newsagent to browse the latest best sellers. I of course headed for duty free to see what was on offer. We met up shortly thereafter and Kevin decided his tracky pants were'nt quite right and he needed a pair of shorts. So off to Rip Curl we head and after many try on's he bought a pair of cargo shorts for $70. What a rip off!!. Went through customs and our plane left on time. Flight to KL was uneventful with Kevin managing to sleep for some of the way. Movies on offer were average. Food not too bad but must say breaky was the best of the day. Had a long wait in KL as the plane was late landing and we didn't get away on time but were 50 mins late. Arrived in HCMC at 7.15pm local time which is 9.45pm SA time. Got to the hotel and after droping off our gear headed out into the street. Was drizzling a little so needed to be careful on the footpaths but was still 28C. Firstly went to chemist as I forgot my anitinflamatory tablets and pickd up a months supply for $3. What a joke. Next to get a SIM card for our phones $5 each, what a bargin. Then down the street to a footpath bar for a couple of Green Saigon Beers. These were 60cents each. By now well after 11.30pm local time so very very tired. Goodnight all.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.