Existing Member?

Vietnam 2012 Look once, look twice, look three times, pray and cross the street.

6th July - Hoi An to HCMC

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 6 July 2012 | Views [444]

Well it is our last morning in Hoi An. We had breakfast and then decided to take the motorbikes back to the lady near Ancient House. Came back and packed all our belongings and found that they all fit quite well. Could have bought more after all. We then just seemed to be hanging around waiting for 11.30 am to come so that we could leave for the airport. i gave some of our sunscreen, stubby holders, lollies, Vegemite and other bits to the staff. Took some photos of the cook and Hien who were preparing for the guest dinner that night. When it came time to leave all the staff came out to wish us all the best, to hung and kiss us. We took a group photo and will have to email it to the hotel staff. Hien asked for me to send the photo of her parents and Bo via email as well because she doesn't have any photo's with her parents. Duc took us to the airport where we proceeded to the check in area and found we were considerably overweight. The girl made me take some things out of my luggage and put in my hand luggage. Luckily I knew my electronics gear weighed a few kilo's and when removed I was still 2-3 kg over teh 20 kg allowance but she let us off. Headed up to the departure lounge and Kevin bought a Burger King cheese burger and sat eating this. We arrived in HCMC at the hotel around 3.45 pm and headed straight out to the market to pick up some last minute buys - Shorts and shirts for kevin and a watch for me. Had started to come in very cloudy and when we went for dinner it was pouring down. Just headed down to the backpackers area and found an Italian Restaurant where we ordered pizza and sat on the footpath watching the world go by. Headed back to the room to watch the Wimbeldon Mens Semi Final.

About wendy-kevin


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.