Existing Member?

Vietnam 2012 Look once, look twice, look three times, pray and cross the street.

4th July - Hoi An

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 4 July 2012 | Views [436]

Laura - the lady from Washington had had a mishap on her motorbike yesterday and had come to our room last night to see if we had any medical supplies to help her out. We were happy to help and gave her a variety of stuff. She and her daughter were going to My Son and she met with a truck and slid from her bike. Believes she may have cracked a rib as well as grazes on her leg and arm. I had a conversation with her and she works as a massage therapist with over 20 employees and is represented in the main hotels in Washington and has serviced some important people eg presidents. As her daughter (ALee)is of mixed heritage I asked Laura and she said that she used a Chinese sperm donor some 25 years ago as AIDS was only a new disease and American donors were not tested whereas other ethnic origins were. She explained that she used the same donor again and her son is 22 yo and autistic. After breakfast we headed to An Bang beach for some sun and sea. Came back and had soup for lunch at the hotel. After Vang finished work at 3.00 pm we went to her house/room to take some photo's of her son Anh (Wing). Vang's mother looks after the child during the day while Vang and Duc are working. Vang gave us a photo of Anh to keep. We decided to look at mobile phones as Peter in Nha Trang had bought a Samsung Galaxy Mini for $175 and as Kevin has been having trouble with his phone we went for a look. Have started to think about packing to leave on Friday and so have started to sort out all our buys. Not sure how we will fit it all in the cases. Decided to have dinner at hotel as we had a late lunch. I again had the Hoi An pancake and Kevin had a beef and vegetable dish.

About wendy-kevin


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.