Existing Member?

Vietnam 2012 Look once, look twice, look three times, pray and cross the street.

3rd July - Hoi An

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 3 July 2012 | Views [512]

After breakfast we decided to head into Danang approx 27 kms away to have a look at the main shopping area and Metro Supermarket and Big C. We sat on about 55 km/h as that is as fast as my bike could go. We passed the Montgomery and Norman Golf courses on the way. We turned into the main city area and were struck by one way streets and lots of traffic. Was a little daunting. Found a park and wondered around for an hour and decided it was the same as every other town, just stuck our heads into the local market but did not go in as it was too hot and we had seen it all before and really didn't need to buy anything. Decided to head to the Metro as this is one of my favorite shopping places as you are able to get toiletries very cheaply and I just love their different knives. Kevin got a little pissed that I was taking too long so he left me there and headed back to Hoi An on his own. Danang has some very unique sporting complexes that have weird architecture. Miss Le the owner of the hotel again wanted to give us some tailored clothes. She did the same last year when we were here. We went to the local tailor and I was measured for a dress and kevin for a short sleeve shirt. Hein had asked us to come to her house and meet her daughter so we headed off at 3 pm to Cui Dai beach where she lives with her parents and husband. Her daughter has recently had surgery and Hein has only just come back to work. Her daughter is very happy and cute. She cried when Kevin picked her up for a nurse as she just wanted to be fed by mummy. Hein's father who is a fisherman looks after Bo during the day. Hein says that when Bo is 1 yo they will move to live with her inlaws as her husband is the youngest son and it is his responsibility to look after his parents in old age. Once this happens Hein's father can go back to work as a fisherman. Her mother is a chef at a restaurant in Cui Dai Beach. We stayed about an hour and then headed to An Bang beach for a swim and we had dinner at the local pizza restaurant. All the locals had congregated on the beach and in the water and had their make shift wind breaks and bamboo mats to sit on. On the way back to town we went back to Phoung's to pick up the last of our tailor work. All good. PS While I was at Metro I bought a bottle of Jacobs Creek Shiraz Cabernet for $15 and made sure I enjoyed a glass or two when I got home and while I write this blog. Cheers.

 

About wendy-kevin


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.