Existing Member?

Vietnam 2012 Look once, look twice, look three times, pray and cross the street.

1st July - Hoi An

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 1 July 2012 | Views [307]

Kevin's toe is definitely broken and his foot is now quite swollen and still very sore. After breakfast we headed to An Bang beach again for a few hours. It is an overcast day and a little cooler than other days. There was even a little surf about 1 foot high. Jen and Simon and the 3 girls from Sydney came also to the beach and Simon hired a surf board but there wasn't enough wave. After lunch we headed back to the tailor - Phoung to see if our gear was ready. All mine was with a few minor adjustments in store. Kevins shirt was good and he needed the jeans taken up and the waist let out on his shorts. Not a bad effort for 24 hours turnaround. Sandles at Thanh's needed a stronger sole as they were too rubbery but she did a good job. Spoke with Anne and her sister about going to Mai Lai where there was a huge massacre during the Vietnam War and 504 people were killed. Price quoted was $90 so I had to check with Kevin before agreeing. Miss Forget Me Not finally got it right and I picked up the 2 dresses. She asked about Kevin and when he would be coming in. I told a little white lie and said he was bed ridden with his foot. She then offered to come to the hotel!!!! When we got back the skies had gotten darker and there were thunder rumblings. Went to Garnesh Indian Restaurant for tea and had Chicken Tikka Marsala and Butter Chicken which were very generous servings. Just before we finished dinner the skies opened and it poured. Of course I had my poncho in the bike but Kevin who was going to put it in his bike forgot and so he got very wet on the way home. It was so heavy it was difficult to see especially with wearing glasses. 

About wendy-kevin


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.