Existing Member?

Vietnam 2012 Look once, look twice, look three times, pray and cross the street.

30th June - Hoi An

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 30 June 2012 | Views [507]

Went for a walk into the old town before breakfast to have a look around the market. Bought some pineapple and other bits. Some good photo opportunities. Stopped at pharmacy to restock the supplies after Kevin exhausted what we had. After breakfast we headed to An Bang Beach and Soul Kitchen Restaurant again for a few hours of sun and sea. David and Monica the couple from Singapore were again there as well. They are heading off to Hanoi this afternoon. David to send details of Cambodia trip he was planning as we may look to go there next year. Seems very popular among the westerners we are talking with. After lunch we headed into town to a new tailor - Phoung who was recommended by Jenny McCormick from Mt Gambier. Kevin ordered jeans, shorts and short sleeve shirt and I ordered a jacket, 2 dresses. Kevin then headed off on his own and I went off to Thanh - shoe maker and picked up my work shoes and ordered a pair of sandles. I then went to Miss Forget Me Not and the shorts were ready but the 2 dresses needed additional alterations. When I got back to hotel it was starting to drizzle a little. Today has been a little overcast due to the typhoon off of the Philippines. Kevin had bought a shirt for Dong and Vinh and the boys were really happy when presented to them. They tried them on and said they were very handsome now. Kevin's injuries were giving him some grief this arvo so he wimped on going to Indian Restaurant Garnesh and we decided to eat at the hotel. Met a couple Kerin and Paul who live in England and have been travelling for 21 months through New Zealand, Australia and Asia. Kerin had a sister in NZ and they spent two lots of 6 months touring there. They were in Aust for 6 months but didn't get to SA. Also met a couple Jennifer and Simon with 3 teenage kids from Aust and suggested they eat at Dao Tien - Kevin's favorite eating place in Vietnam. Unfortunately I ended up with gastro and spent a large portion of the night sitting on the toot.

About wendy-kevin


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.