Existing Member?

Vietnam 2012 Look once, look twice, look three times, pray and cross the street.

29th June - Hoi An

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 29 June 2012 | Views [331]

After breakfast we headed to An Bang Beach as did David and Monica who took a taxi. Arrived at 8.15 am. Set ourselves up on the lounge at Soul Kitchen Restaurant and we were soon in the water. There was hardly anyone around and the beach and sea was fantastic. We watched a fisherman in a round boat put his net out and pull in his small catch. Stayed ther until 12ish. On the way back Kevin had a mishap on the bike and ended up on the ground. He was turning left into our street and a guy on a bike came up on his left and zoomed past with no regard for his blinker being on and Kevin came a cropper. I could see it all happening as I was about 40 meters behind and could see it unfolding. Another guy stopped and was helping Kevin by the time I got there. He scrubbed himself off and we hurried home to apply first aid. After a shower we cleaned and dressed his knee and toes. Pictures to follow. He is feeling a bit embarrassed and silly. Used up all my bandage supply. Any sympathy greatly appreciated. Send text or email. After lunch I headed into town to see if my shoes and clothes are ready. Minor adjustments now required so pick up tomorrow. Lazy arvo at hotel. Went back to Dao Thien Restaurant for dinner and Kevin ordered the same as he had Wednesday night - Beef, capsicum, onion, steamed rice. I ordered veal escalope which was yummy, couldn't eat it all.

About wendy-kevin


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.