Existing Member?

Wander + Share ✈ Wanderlust takes us to faraway places. Love brings us home.

Facebook has become Narcissistic

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 11 April 2013 | Views [410]

Today I decided that I will be deactivating my Facebook account.

Why? Everybody asks... There must be something wrong for you to do that...

Nothing is wrong, apart from the fact that as my dear friend Chris put... Facebook has become Narcissistic (I looked the word up and it described just how I feel about it)

I deactivated my personal Twiiter account some weeks a go now for the same reasons.

I find myself clicking on the Facebook app when I am bored and time is wasted scrolling the news feed to see what my friends and family have been up to and to be quite honest I do not want to find out that my friend is pregnant through Facebook. I want to receive personal emails from those I care about with regular updates as I have done for a long time with my best friend Emily. It means so much more than a 'like' and short comment on a photo or status. I remember the days when I received letters in the post. I loved this and an email has the same effect :)

The thought of removing Facebook and keeping things real is liberating.

Please keep in touch with me via email zoejuliehobson@gmail.com or you can continue to read my travel blog and view picture uploads via Instagram (username: wanderandshare)

Peace and Love 

Zoe xxx

Tags: facebook

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.