Existing Member?

Wander + Share ✈ Wanderlust takes us to faraway places. Love brings us home.

I Have Symptoms of Wanderlust

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 21 November 2011 | Views [283]

I quit my job to chase the sun...
 
I had met Jodie just 5 months before in a night club in Exeter. Jodie had booked round the world tickets with her friend from uni and said why don't I join them.
 
I had wanted to travel for as long as I can remember... Australia had never been on my list of destinations to visit, only because every everyone did it. I was interested in the places you don't hear the majority of people going. First on my list was India, but I couldn't turn this opportunity down... I searched the internet for visas and applied. the following day I had a call to say my visa had been accepted. I paid around £260 and within 5 days I had a Working Holiday Visa for a Year in Australia :) 
 
I handed in my notice at work and I didn't even serve the four weeks.. I packed up my flat and I moved in with my dad... It was time for my journey to begin...
 
My journey began on Saturday 19th November 2011. I was on one way ticket from London to Sydney which my friend Karen had booked for me with Virgin. I had no idea what was ahead of me. All I knew was Jodie was meeting me at Sydney International Airport and we would find jobs. 
 
My inspiration to write a travel blog came from the most beautiful, kind and caring woman in my life…. My mother as she said she would like to read it. Without her, I would not be experiencing this today and I am so grateful for this opportunity. I love you mum xxx
 
Peace and Love
 
Zoe xxx

Tags: australia, sydney, virgin, visa, wanderlust

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.