Existing Member?

Wander + Share ✈ Wanderlust takes us to faraway places. Love brings us home.

Magnetic Island

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 16 June 2012 | Views [223]

We left our camper can for a few days in Townsville and caught a ferry over to Magnetic Island.

We checked into Base and then went on a hunt for some scooters to bomb around the Island on... We got such a buzz on the scooteroo tour that we couldn't wait to get back on bikes!

We stopped to feed the rock wallabies... They were so cute. A little girl had shared her carrots with us so we could feed them.

We got woken up here by some moron Dutch girls who quite clearly didn't know hostel etiquette. They were in and out 3 or 4 times turning the lights on every time, talking at the top of their voice and crashing about by my head in their backpacks. The last time they came in they started to get in their beds and left the light on... Obviously I flew out of bed and turned it off... One of the girls then got down from her bunk and turned it back on. I was fuming. I said are you serious... She said yes... So I said... Have you never stayed in a hostel before and she replied yes... So I said... Oh your just plain rude then. She tried to give some bullshit story and I just laid into what she did wrong and what she should have done!!! Angry Bird!!!

Jodie and I went on a tour of the island on our scooters. We did the Fort Walk and then came across a dirt track that we were unsure if we were allowed down or not. Two people drove past us so I started going. Nothing was stoping me... I bombed it on ahead as usual. Jodie was miles behind as were the other two so I knew something must have happened to her...Shitting myself I drove back... Knowing she must have come off... Praying that she was ok. When I got there, here scooter was fucked, lying on its side having crashed into a tree. Jodie was laughing... I didn't find it funny... I gave her some shit and then we found it hilarious... We still laugh about it now. She had a portable mirror since she snapped the wing mirror off. We were helped by two passers by to get the bike started again!!

Peace and Love or not so much peace in this Island

Angry Bird xxx

Tags: magnetic island, wallabies

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.