Existing Member?

Wander + Share ✈ Wanderlust takes us to faraway places. Love brings us home.

4 Airports, 3 flights, 3 states... 1 Day!

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 13 August 2013 | Views [287]

Alice Springs - Sydney - Brisbane - Townsville

 I am currently on my 3rd flight of the day traveling between Brisbane and Townsville, kicked back in an exit seat with a can of coke....
 
After my 3 day 'Rock The Centre' tour it's time to head off to Townsville to be reunited with my second family.
 
My day started off pretty well with my new friend Yu Yuen making me breakfast before my airport shuttle and then being offered a free shuttle ticket by a fellow backpacker as he was catching a cab instead :)
 
The cheapest and believe it or not, quickest way from Alice Springs to Townsville was by flight via Sydney and Brisbane, that's 3 flights over 3 states and 9 hours!! That is possibly the equivalent of traveling between Exeter and Nottingham and going via France and  Cardiff!! Mental!! The other option was the Greyhound Bus... This would have been 4 different buses over 2 days and more expensive than flying... No thanks!
 
I travelled with Qantas to get a better service than Jet Star... Great I get 3 plane meals but the baggage allowance on domestic flights is a joke.... One piece of check in baggage at 23kg and I have 2 pieces at just 20kg and the check in agent charges me $40 for a fucking guitar that weighs just 4kg. A guitar that has now cost me $100 in excess baggage, $500 to purchase and is just generally an inconvenience to travel with given the amount I already have to lug around and the fact it is now broken due to travel. Of course I threw a tantrum and even tried to go without paying but they called my name over the loud speaker and I was unable to board until it had been paid! I've been traveling Domestic trough Australia for almost 2 years not to mention my travel background and I have never heard of anything so ridiculous. I was ready to smack someone.
 
On a lighter note, I get to see Zoe in an hour and I've also booked my flight home.... See you in 3 months kids... Too excited!!
 
Peace and Love
 
Zoe xxx

Tags: alice springs, australia, brisbane, qantas, sydney, townsville, wanderlust

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.