Existing Member?

Wander + Share ✈ Wanderlust takes us to faraway places. Love brings us home.

The Gold Coast, Famous for Fun

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 10 June 2013 | Views [425]

The Gold Coast is Queensland's most popular tourist destination. It is a modern city of high-rise buildings, built around beaches including the famous 'Surfers Paradise'. The Gold Coast is like 'Hollywood' of Australia. It is famous for  fun. There is so much to see and do.
 
I have been lucky enough to visit The Gold Coast four times in my first year of being in Australia.
 
There are many different areas on the Gold Coast... Surfers Paradise, Miami and Nobbys Beach to name a few of my favourite spots.  Surfers is where the main night life is. Miami was very relaxed and we stayed at a caravan park on the beach. Nobbys beach has some really cute shops and alternative bars.
 
Within 30 minutes beyond the bustling coastal strip lies the Gold Coast hinterland where the city gives way to National Parks and rain forests. I visited Purling Brook Falls in the Springbrook National Park with beautiful waterfalls and a great rainforest bush-walk.
 
I took a cruise to McLarens Landing at South Stradbrook Island. It was an hour and a half boat journey to the Island where had 3 hours to relax and enjoy it. Food was included in the tour and we saw native wildlife and enjoyed canoeing.
 
I got a season pass for Movie World, Sea World and Wet N Wild. I even took a tour on the 'Aqua Duck' which is a land and water tour starting in the heart of Surfers Paradise, taking in the views of the beaches and the luxury homes and views on the broad water. Each child traveling on the Aquaduck is given the opportunity to have a drive.... Of course I did too :) 
 
Putt Putt mini golf was another of the many attractions I enjoyed on The Gold Coast.
 
I was also lucky enough to be able to go and see the 'Australian Outback Spectacular'. This is a show comprising of a three course meal and a themed australian outback setting to give you a feel of the true Aussie spirit. There is even a mustering helicopter that swoops above the arena to round up a runaway herd.
 
See www.visitgoldcoast.com for more info on what to see and do.
 
Peace and Love
 
Zoe xxx

Tags: australia, broadbeach, miami, queensland, south stradbrook island, surfers paradise, the gold coast

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.