Existing Member?

Travel

About Travel Photography Scholarship 2010

GREECE | Friday, 8 October 2010 | Views [455]

The competition of National Geographic triggered the implementation of an artistic idea. I saw the selection of the topic as a personal challenge. I feel I discovered a new town through my camera. I met Greeks and people of different nationalities who do not share the same religion although they live in the same city. I visited their places of worship. We talked about their everyday lives and their traditions; after a short period of acquaintance, they started feeling comfortable towards me, and they let me take photos of their religious rituals.

However, apart from the competition section, I find the scholarship itself challenging. It will give me the opportunity to combine my two hobbies: traveling and photography.

 I will travel in a place which remains unspoiled by mass tourism. I will explore the unique nature of the country as well as its rich religious heritage. I am excited I will be in a position to study the religious habits of the inhabitants and search for the similarities and differences with those of my country.

Last but not least, I believe that the main benefit of the scholarship is that I will make an effort to depict moments of the country’s life through the photographic lens filtered by my own perspective and emotions. This desire can only be realized through your valuable help. Your valuable experience will help me enhance and expand my knowledge of photography on a theoretical level as well as a practical one.

 

 

 

About vito-stef


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.