Existing Member?

Summit4life 2016 Nobody climbs mountains for scientific reasons. Science is used to raise money for the expeditions, but you really climb for the hell of it.......;Sir Edmund Hillary

Packing

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 23 October 2016 | Views [280]

Question:So you think your an expert on packing and level master at knowing what to pack and not pack?

Answer: Wrong,just when i thought i  had it off i realise im just a begginner when it comes to mountaineering and know what to pack and fit it all into a a bag that will be light enough to stay within your airline weight restrictions.

There are so many variables on my trip in regard to clothing.

Airline clothes: So this should be an easy one as the clothes im bring for the trekking should be good for this,lots of nice loose clothing and lots of layers if it does get cold  along the way,and when i arrive into KTM it will be late at night so i will have one of my mid-layer fllecce jackets to pop on.When travelling through china  i can again layer up or down as required as i expect it to be clammy and the humidity levels to be hight in China.

Kathmandu: sits 1400M above sea level so it can be expected to be at a nice temperature at this time of year howere it does get rather cold in winter season.It will have an average temperature of about 15˚C with cool evenings and nights.Again i can use some of my lighter trekking layers and maybe shorts (if im lucky) while in the KTM valley.While staying in a hotel here it will be my last nights with the comfort of a proper bed and Bed linin so it will be a welcome luxury while here and a chance to do some sightseeing while in KTM and get some final pieces of gear for the trip.

Lukla/Namche Bazzaar: sitting at 3440M above sea level this will be our home for a couple of nights of accliimitization.It will have an average temperature of about 10˚ with a low of 1˚at night.This is where the clothing changes a little and i need to pack appropriatly,although i can wear my normal light layers throughout my time here, at night time i will require some stronger layers,preferably wool layers and maybe some wool hats etc and some thermal socks.

Khumjung/photse/Gokyo/

About vincek


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.