Existing Member?

Travel Thailand by bike, cause what else is there to do? SE Asia bike tour launching January 14, 2015 in BKK

We've arrived!

THAILAND | Thursday, 15 January 2015 | Views [664] | Comments [2]

Our

Our "luggage" has to be completely disposable (anything that doesn't travel with is on bikes is thrown away). Hence the cardboard and cheap "Ghana must go" bags you see. Everything made it. The bags look like they took quite a beating, but they are 100% intact. I'm thankful to other bike people who gave us the idea to use these, and thankful to my girl Dynah for finding them on Amazon for us.

 

 

 

 

 

It's midnight here in beautiful Bangkok (and 70 degrees). Our bikes, panniers, and ourselves made it to Bangkok this evening.  We had a seamless stroll through immigration and nothing to declare in customs. Then got the biggest taxi we could find curbside - we had to recline both back seats of the tiny mini van but the bike boxes fit, we had the taxi driver giggling the whole way to our destination. He couldn't believe we brought something so big across the world.

 

We arrived to our Airbnb (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2474294) with a lovely host, who has given us a ton of information. Our dinner was 7/11 food cause the food places were closed by ten. Plan for tomorrow is assemble bikes and explore the city on them.We will see some temples and eat eat eat!

 

I am so thankful to finally be here! 

 

Comments

1

moar pikchures

  Ryan Jan 15, 2015 11:11 AM

2

Make sure you try the churros and the oaxacan thai food. Their mole sauce is ah-mazing

  Jim Jan 15, 2015 12:44 PM

About veganliesa

Before setting out - near Pittsburgh. Enroute to Washington DC

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.