Existing Member?

vagabonds3 "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness." Mark Twain

Mount Harmon NP, Granada

GRENADA | Saturday, 2 February 2019 | Views [152]

Ian and Heather, St. Kitts

Ian and Heather, St. Kitts

IAN RETURNED WHILE I WAS CHATTING UP Heather on the sundeck yesterday.  It was pretty obvious he was a birder — who else would wear a shirt with a photo of a seldom heard and even more rarely seen Columbian tapaculo?  They are from northern England and Heatheris as cute as her accent.  She doesn’t give a hoot for birding but Ian’s birding CV pretty much matches Connie’s and we agreed to meet up and share expenses on some of the upcoming islands.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/aphs.worldnomads.com/vagabonds3/57936/PeterrangeratMtHarmonNPGranada_medium.jpg     bb

  Peter, guiding on his day off               Ian searching for the dove

The three of us were the first off the ship at St. George, Granada.  (The second ‘a’ is pronounced like ‘day,’ not like the city in Spain.)  We were introduced to Lincoln who agreed to drive us to the Mount Harmon National Park so we could explore the Granada Dove Trail, home to the — wait for it — endemic Granada dove.  We were nonplussed when Ranger Peter told us the park is closed on Saturday!  But he agreed to guide us around, even though it was his day off.

bb

    Antillean Crested Hummingbird

Four miles later we had seen a couple of doves fleetingly, but had no photos to show for it.  I did get a good photo of the Antillean crested hummingbird, making it either a successfully disappointing day or a disappointingly successful day.

 

About vagabonds3

John and Connie, Sheikh Zayad Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Grenada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.