Existing Member?

vagabonds3 "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness." Mark Twain

Old Friends, New Friends

USA | Friday, 15 January 2016 | Views [351]

Mexican Train with new friends, Gold Canyon

Mexican Train with new friends, Gold Canyon

PAUL IS ONE OF MY OLDEST AND BEST FRIENDS.  We have been buds since first grade and faithful readers will remember him from our visit in the spring of ’13.  He and Noreen bought a retirement/sunbird home in Gold Canyon to escape Vermont’s chill winters.  Anyhoo, instead of staying with them we settled in the Arizonian RV Park, just a couple of miles away — close enough to visit but far enough so we could both have a modicum of privacy.  Paul’s brother and his wife also bought a place in the neighborhood.  I haven’t seen Mark in 50 years and never met Donna despite the fact she grew up around the corner from me and was friends with my sister.  Or maybe my memory is worse than I think.  We joined them and three other couples for an afternoon of conversation, reminiscing and Mexican Train, a domino-esque game that’s frustrating for the experienced and new-comers alike.

nn

     Organ Stop Pizza

The group expanded on Sunday when we were invited to Organ Stop Pizza, home to the, and I quote, world’s largest Wurlitzer organ.  Good food, better conversation and a chance to sing along to some songs we all thought we had forgotten.

 

About vagabonds3

John and Connie, Sheikh Zayad Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.