Existing Member?

vagabonds3 "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness." Mark Twain

Ready to Go

USA | Wednesday, 2 December 2015 | Views [318]

Baby, it's cold outside, Jellystone Park Campground

Baby, it's cold outside, Jellystone Park Campground

YESTERDAY WAS THE FIRST DAY WITHOUT SNOW since we’ve been in the RV and the temperature still hasn’t gotten above freezing.  We have gone through two tanks of propane but managed to keep nice and toasty.  Jellystone Park (no kidding, that’s where we are staying) is beautiful with its ermine covering and festive holiday lights.  Most of the other residents are just that, residents — living and working from their rigs, despite the cold weather and forecasts for more of the same.

We spent Monday at the Apple Store, a pleasant if expensive experience.  We can’t believe how helpful the red-shirted Mac staff is.  No question —even ours — is too stupid.  It seems that our 7-year old desktop Mac isn’t compatible with our newer MacBook.  “iPhoto” has been replaced with “Photos”  and Connie had to have help retrieving all of our 70,000 photos and storing them on external hard drives and our new MacBook.  Remember when people bragged about “gigs” of memory.  Well now everything is in terabytes.  What’s next?  

John's cardiology appointment went as well as could be expected.  His heartbeat remains irregular but the doctor says it's not life-threatening.  With new prescriptions including a blood thinner — stroke is the biggest threat — he sent us on our way.  Can't say it often enough, "Getting old is a bitch!"

So now we are pretty sure that we have done everything we needed to here in Colorado.  It is hard to pace ourselves — we keep forgetting that there will be Walmarts and Home Depots everywhere we go, that peanut butter is plentiful and we can replace worn clothing whenever we need to.  Yet I still feel depressed, knowing that our best adventures are behind us and the added pressure of once again having possessions isn’t helping any.  Now all we have to do is hook up the RV and head south tomorrow.

About vagabonds3

John and Connie, Sheikh Zayad Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.