Existing Member?

vagabonds3 "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness." Mark Twain

Ken and Dee's Excellent Adventure: Amsterdam and Brugge

NETHERLANDS | Saturday, 5 September 2015 | Views [371]

Red light district of Amsterdam

Red light district of Amsterdam

WE WOULD RATHER BE COVERED IN HONEY and staked out on an anthill than to be tour guides.  Yet here we are chaperoning Connie’s brother and his wife on their European adventure.  We met Ken and Dee at the port after their river cruise and we whisked them into a cold and rainy Amsterdam to explore the canals, the infamous red light district and the Riksmuseum.  When Dee’s bad knee had enough we returned to the “Haystack” apartment at the wonderful Boerhofstede de Overhorn in Weesp, catching up over a bottle of wine while John cooked.  

nn

  Amsterdam in a brief moment of sunshine

Dee had checked some travel guides out of the library so she could give Connie an idea of what would interest them.  The trip Connie mapped out isn’t one I would recommend — too much travel in too little time — but the customer is always right, right?  So after a view of the Dutch countryside we crossed into Belgium, destination Brugge.  

nn

    Brugge

Brugge is a hit for even the most jaded travelers and we looked forward to  returning.  Ken, a retired pharmacist, wanted to see the pharmacy museum and Dee, bless her heart, had a hankerin’ for a Belgian waffle.  The wonderful ambiance of Brugge was an added bonus.

nn

   Belgian Waffle

 

 

About vagabonds3

John and Connie, Sheikh Zayad Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.