Existing Member?

vagabonds3 "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness." Mark Twain

Turkey's Turquoise Coast

TURKEY | Thursday, 2 July 2015 | Views [306]

Necropolis on Simena

Necropolis on Simena

CRUISING ALONG IN A SAILBOAT from cove to cove may be the most idyllic way to see the Turquoise Coast — if sailing is your thing.  For us non-nautical types there are wonderful views of pine-covered mountains and turquoise coves from the coastal road and plenty of great lodging options.  Our choice is an efficiency apartment at the brandy-new Bossa Nova in Kas, seconds from two supermarkets, a butcher shop and the best fruit and veg store we’ve seen yet.

nn     nn

    "You buy from me?"                          A snug harbor

We hadn’t completely given up on the idea of boating, maybe a day-trip, so we drove up the coast to Ocagiz where we were coerced onto the standard tour of Kekova Bay; five swimming stops, and one chance to explore the Lycian tombs on Simena Island.  We weren’t prepared for the swimming — no bathing suits — but lunch was good and it was nice not to be driving for a while.  We are both developing nice “farmer’s tans” and Connie is about as dark as I have ever seen her. 

n

   New friends take to the water

Everyone else on the boat was Turkish or of Turkish descent and most smoked.  But we did meet a nice Canadian/Turkish family who are teaching at the university in Ankara.

 

 

 

 

 

About vagabonds3

John and Connie, Sheikh Zayad Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.