Existing Member?

Tracy's Journey

Dancing in Ethiopia

ETHIOPIA | Sunday, 31 October 2010 | Views [326]

We went out dancing Saturday night with some local friends. It was really fun. You would have never guessed we were in Ethiopia. We first went to one bar (Che) to have drinks because the drinks at the dance club are really expensive. We had two rounds and they were playing a good mix of Western hip-hop and Ethiopian modern pop & traditional music. It was pretty full of people just standing and drinking and dancing around their tables. But very smoky! Then we went to a dance club called Platinum. They had spotlights as you walked in. I felt like I was walking down the red carpet. It was a really big place with lots of couches and chairs and tables, kinda like a lounge area and a nice size dance floor. They had the same kinda mix that the other place had. It was really nice, probably one of the nicest clubs I've ever been too. So we had lots of fun trying to shake our shoulders and move our heads the way they dance. One of the guys said I could dance good and I told him I felt like a turtle. He thought that was really funny.

 

 

Travel Answers about Ethiopia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.