Existing Member?

Trude's Travel Tales

Yes, I am still alive....just got slightly sidetracked ;-)

SAMOA | Thursday, 13 August 2009 | Views [336] | Comments [1]

Hmmm...how to catch up on the last six days?!  So Friday, Friday was our tour around the island and it was fantastic.  We went to these "blowholes", except they are right on the edge of the water on the rocks and they suddenly woosh water really really high into the air.  The "coconut man" came over and you pay him 20 tala and he throws coconuts in at the right time and they shoot out into the air!  After that we went to this waterfall and you can swim around in the bottom of it, which was amazing.  And the other highlight was the lava field, where about 100 years ago a volcano kept erupting and the lava ran everywhere for a long time through a village, and a church, and you can walk around and look at it all.

I never ended up changing locations on Saturday, we all met at Regina's on Wednesday and really started hanging out together on the Thursday. Stephen and Kat (Irish), Arto and Anne (Finland and Germany), Richard and Chontelle (New Zealand) and Josef (Austria).  Richard and Chontelle left on Saturday, and then the rest of us headed off on Sunday back over to Upolu and on the Saelopaga (stayed at FaoFao).  I was sick, so sick on Sunday from the sun the day before I think, so hours travelling and an hour on the ferry wasn't good..the longest hour of my life!  But FaoFao was awesome, I think there was 18 fales in total just right on the beachfront and the food was great.  Arto and Anne and Josef and I stayed there on Sunday and Monday night, and Stephen and Kat went on to Apia and turned up there yesterday as we were leaving.  We met up with Richard and Chontelle there late on Monday.

So in short, it's been awesome.  Swimming and lazing around during the day, and beers (sometimes too many!) on the beach every night.  The four of us travelled from FaoFao to Apia yesterday after lunch, and oh my god you wouldn't believe the first hotel rooms we were in!  It was just like a small concrete room with a ceiling fan and two single beds.  They were AWFUL.  So we upgraded to the next room and it isn't so bad.  Apia is pretty average, I just want to be back at the beach!  It feels weird staying in a hotel room when I've slept on basically on a beach for the last week!  Josef left late last night, Arto and Anne leave tonight and then I leave tomorrow morning.

So that's about it.  Not exactly the trip I planned, but it turned out better than I ever expected :)    And don't expect lots of photos, I never really got round to taking too many!!!  It was just too much effort!

See you all soon xoxo

Comments

1

hmmm! im trying to read between trudith lines here :P
hope u had an amazing time.
luv u.
xoxoxoxoo.
p.s. safe trip home.

  sim Aug 13, 2009 6:23 PM

About trudygeard


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Samoa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.