Existing Member?

Trude's Travel Tales

Paradise!

SAMOA | Friday, 7 August 2009 | Views [371] | Comments [4]

Ok, so trying to describe the place I'm staying at the moment...there seems to be one "main" (but not big) road which winds it's way around the outside of Sava'i.  Sometimes it goes right near the water, otherwise it is seemingly in the middle of rainforest/jungle type land (which I think makes up a lot of the inland part of the island).  After an hour on the bus, I arrived at Regina's Beach Fales.  It just has a big colourful sign on the side of the road, and I got the driver to stop and let me off.  It's a small place - a nice, leafy, green place with trees here and there and most of the fales set right on the beachfront, with a few in the back of the garden (where I was last night and it was still wonderful, you can see and hear the water - it's only 10 metres away!).

There's about a 2 metres of sand before the amazing, clear, sparkling light blue water.  It's really shallow unless you swim out really far until you get to the waves, but it is lovely.  And warm!  It's lukewarm, like a bath!  In short, this place is spectacular, but isn't crowded with buildings or tourists. You can just stand in the water and look around at how peaceful and beautiful it is, and it doesn't matter that you have no idea what time of the day it is, or what day of the week for that matter!

Have met two young couples and another guy, and we're hiring a taxi to take us on a bit of a tour around the island tomorrow - there are a couple of waterfalls and a "swimming with turtles" thing, so that should be good.  It's only 350 tala for the 6 of us, so around 60 tala each (which is about $30).  I'll probably head to Vaisala on Saturday I guess, seeing as we probably won't get back until late tomorrow.  I think it's about 40km further up from where I am now.

That's about it for now, might go for another dip and then have an afternoon snooze.

Love Trude xoxoxo

Comments

1

Hey Dude, sounds fantastic, love the turtle idea! The girls send their love, so does Oma, enjoy yet anotther experience of living life in the width as well as the length!
Love you heaps, will send the bill for Roxy's cleanup when you get back!!!!!

  Mum (Irene) Aug 7, 2009 11:33 AM

2

hey man - omg im so excited i rememberd to click on ur journal - like i said 2 minutes ago still dieing :)
Rest while ur there and enjoy urself.
U said u met 2 couples and a guy eh? :P tell me all bout it (IRENE close ur eyes for a moment) haha.
hope ur having an amazing time man, im sorry im not there with u truely i am. xoxoxoxoo.

  sim Aug 11, 2009 11:14 PM

3

Geard.
that sounds amazing! im with sim.. whats this guy like hey?
we have been struggling without you here, especially because sammi has been sick all week!
can't wait to catch up and here about everything on saturday!
miss you xox

  Hills Aug 12, 2009 10:04 AM

4

Just what you need Trude - glad you are having a nice relaxing time...looking forward to hearing all about it when you are back
xx

  Katrina Aug 12, 2009 9:31 PM

About trudygeard


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Samoa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.