Existing Member?

Treezy's Travelling Tales and Tantalising Tidbits

End of Peru and into Ecuador

ECUADOR | Sunday, 30 August 2009 | Views [495]

Cute girl at market stall (her Mum was around somewhere)

Cute girl at market stall (her Mum was around somewhere)

So after Cusco, I hightailed it up to Ecuador. To be honest, I wasn´t hugely impressed with Peru. I loved Arequipa and Machu Picchu but the whole feel of the place is in your face tourism. They see you are walking dollar signs and you really do feel it.

I have been in Ecuador 3 days and I already feel the difference. the streets are cleaner, and here in Cuenca it has a really nice musician feel to it. All the cafes have paintings and good music playing. I had a great welcome to my hostel today, as I walked in and thought ¨that sounds like Fat Freddies Drop¨. I checked in and then the next song, I really recognised. Ït is a New Zealand band¨I exclaimed, only to have the talian owner of the CD say `I assumed it was Irish, as the person that gave it to me was Irish`. It was a great little welcome to this city.

In a few days I will be in another animal sanctuary on the edge of the Amazon. I won´t have too much internet access I imagine but as my birthday is in a few days, it will be a birthday to remember. Hopefully it will be as amazing an experience as the sanctuary in Bolivia was.(p.s I finally got around to putting up a few of my photos from the sanctuary in the Bolivian photo section).

Anyway, not really much to report in this entry. I have been a bit homesick the last few days, with there being no hostels and only hotels. When you´re travelling on your own, hostels are so much better as you get to meet people. Hotels don´t tend to have character and everyone stays in their room. But that´s part of travelling. Not every day is amazing. Some days you don´t do much at all, but it´s all part of the experience.

All I know is I think I´m going to enjoy Ecuador a lot.

About treezy

Cheers!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.