Existing Member?

Treezy's Travelling Tales and Tantalising Tidbits

La Paz and Coroico

BOLIVIA | Tuesday, 7 July 2009 | Views [556] | Comments [2]

Well, I spent a day in a hostel in La Paz, just spent recovering and sleeping (I had felt incredibly terrible in Uyuni) so I needed the space and time.

After that I moved to this couchsurf spot in La Paz which was amazing. Basically this kiwi girl and an American are staying there at the moment, and they have this squat couch surf flat where anybody can come and stay there (there record is 20 people at one point and hey the kitchen floor is a viable sleeping space right?)

Anyway, there weren´t that many when I was there for the first few days. I learnt how to make those cool woven bracelets which I wear with pride, and basically spent a few days chilling out, talking to people and rediscovering rum (I haven´t drunk it for 10 years after a particularly bad experience so it was interesting to know that I actually quite liked it (with coke of course).

La Paz is a great city. Full of life and craziness, I really love it. The altitiude and the hills make it a difficult city to walk around (I´m used to flat Christchurch remember?) but I love it.

On the third night that I was there, we had quite a few people turn up and I think we have about 14 people that night. I managed to grab a good mattress spot, as I left the night life early (I´m definitely not any where near as much of a party animal as these guys).

On Saturday we came up to a town called Coroico which is in a beautiful valley, and there was a music festival. It was a great night, and I had lots of fun. On Sunday I checked in to a hostel and slept for 20 hours and I feel great now!

Today I head to a nearby animal sanctuary for a couple of weeks and then to the Amazon jungle!

Comments

1

You have to tell me what the animal santuary is like! Cass and I have been talking about doing that in South America for ages so it'd be great to know what it's like!

Hope you have fun!

Tash

  Tash Jul 7, 2009 12:28 PM

2

Hiya, Just wanted to say that I am really enjoying reading about your travels and you are making me so jealous with all your wicked adventures. Have fun, Leo.

  Leo Jul 8, 2009 10:03 AM

About treezy

Cheers!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.