Existing Member?

Treezy's Travelling Tales and Tantalising Tidbits

Don´t cry for me Argentina

ARGENTINA | Tuesday, 23 June 2009 | Views [503] | Comments [2]

Feeding Llama!

Feeding Llama!

OK, so it was obvious that I would have to use this reference at least once while I was here. And what better day than my last in Argentina (well until my flight back anyway).

So I am in Salta, a lovely wee town in the north of Argentina, and I have been relaxing here for about 4 days. I took a tour a few days ago to a town called Cafayate, which has vineyards and is surrounded by cool red rocks. It was a great day, and I got to feed a llama!! We made lots of stops at these seemingly isolated viewpoint stops, and everywhere we stopped there were markets set up. It was quite incredible! 

I went to a fantastic reggae/ska/funk band last night that reminded me very much of Black seeds or D Dub.

So I´m going to be sad to leave Argentina. I didn´t really know much about it before I came, and I have loved it. I wasn´t expecting the great wine, the great scenery and of course the great people (although if travelling has taught me anything it is that there are great people everywhere  - and also complete morons).

It´s been more expensive than I thought it would, the buses have been far better than I expected and the icecream...well you just have to read onhe of my past entries to know all about that!

So on to another country, and new experiences. This time tomorrow I will be in Tupiza, Bolivia, apparently the wild wild west of southeast Bolivia and the inspiration for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (not that I´ve actually seen it, but I might just have to now). What will Bolivia hold in store for me? I really don´t know, but I´m looking forward to finding out!

p.s I´ve uploaded a few more photos on this site, so feel free to have a wee looksie!

 

Comments

1

Mind the coca leaves in Boliva. Not because they're coca leaves, but because the 'rock' you chew with them to get the effect is caustic and shaft's ones teeth...

  Zane Jun 23, 2009 7:06 AM

2

I have to disagree with Zane.
Enjoy the coca mate, and masticating (but not swallowing unless you are constipated)the leaves with the slightly basic lichea (sp?) that is often eaten with the coca to release the alkaloids. It is the combined action of the saliva, coca and lichea that makes it happen. You're on vacation! Do it totally, or stay home--what the heck!
Your teeth will be fine.
Enjoy (and watch your stuff)--you are among some of the finest (and poorest) people on Pachamama's earth.

  Locojhon Jun 23, 2009 10:22 AM

About treezy

Cheers!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.