Existing Member?

Treezy's Travelling Tales and Tantalising Tidbits

Language is good

ARGENTINA | Tuesday, 16 June 2009 | Views [434] | Comments [1]

Me and my host family in Bariloche

Me and my host family in Bariloche

So no news from me for a while. That´s because I have been in Bariloche doing a Spanish school. It was fab! The staff and people that I met there were so nice, and my Spanish really has improved. I won´t say that I am fluent but at least I can get by a little more confidentally than before. The thing with the language is it is just so important to be able to communicate with people, and half of me wishes that there was a universal language, but I quickly decide against that one, as that would take away so many distinctions between our cultures.

The first week I was in Bariloche(after my couch surf which was really nice) I stayed in a hostel, had some wonderful late night jam sessions with some of the staff, and met some cool people.

The second week I stayed with a lovely couple Kuki and Roberto, and it was really relaxed. I had dinner with them each night, and we spoke only Spanish (on my part very broken), and it was incredibly relaxing. I had my room with a TV, and to be honest I just relaxed after school each day. Of course I did stuff (went on a few beautiful walks, went to a salsa lesson and a tango lesson, had amazing icecream, and went to a volunteer school to mention a few). The week that I was in the homestay, I also got quite sick (flu), so it was nice to recuperate in my own room.

But of course, travelling isn´t about staying in one place. It was nice to have a base for a couple of weeks, but it was time to move on. So I took a night bus up to Mendoza, which is where I am now. I´ve decided that I´m not going to Chile anymore(it´s too expensive), so I´m going to keep going north and head into Bolivia that way. Today is a public holiday (they seem to have a few of them here in Argentina) and so our hostel is having an asado(BBQ) which should be good. Tomorrow I´m going on a wine tasting tour on bicycles, which should be interesting.

Talk soon.

Treez

 

Comments

1

Moh, no Chile? :(
Oh, it'll still be there later - enjoy your remaining time in Argentina :D

  Simon Jun 18, 2009 6:29 AM

About treezy

Cheers!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.