Existing Member?

Treezy's Travelling Tales and Tantalising Tidbits

Christchurch to Auckland

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 11 May 2009 | Views [384]

So I'm on the road!

After an incredible last day at work (think balloons, streamers,ponchos and a surprise lunch with every staff member making a dish inspired by South America), I had a traditional Fish n Chip meal with part of my tribe and flew to Wellington.

This was a whirlwind stop, and the next day we went to Grandma's in Wanganui. It was good to see her, and then I flew up to AUckland, on the smallest plane imaginable. So small it only had one seat on either side, and you could see the pilot piloting! The novety soon wore off however, when I realised that small planes mean louder noises and more turbulence. But it was ok.


Got to Auckland without a hitch and had lunch with my lovely friend Hannah before making it up to my sister's house in Whangaparaoa.

Tomorrow the journey begins for real. I'm a little nervous and a lot excited. I'm sure the journal entries will get more exciting once I've taken off and I sure hope that the flight to Argentina is in a bigger plane! Don't think that I could handle being in that little plane for a twelve hour stretch. Being me, I do hope that there are lots of good movies for me to watch! I never sleep on planes, just enjoy the plane food (am I the only person in the world that LOVES it?) and the movies, and generally being waited on hand and foot. Let's just hope that my luggage also makes it...

About treezy

Cheers!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.