Existing Member?

My journey. 'My journey' is all about the journey I am taking. You will hear about my holiday planning and about the holiday itself. Feel free to contact me about my blog at any time.

Perth is a mixed bag

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 18 October 2013 | Views [418]

It is coming to the end of my 6 week adventure of Perth, Australia and it has been pretty interesting. Though most of the time I have been at my aunt and uncle's place relaxing, there have been the occasional time when I have been out and enjoyed what Perth has to offer. 

 
I must admit, I wished I had done some research before I arrived in Perth because there wasn't as much to see or do as I had thought. If I had done this I probably wouldn't have been here for as long or I would have planned more activities to do. But what ever the reason was for the lack of activities was, it has been nice to spend time with my family before I leave.
 
The Perth museum in the city was really good. I would say it was the most enjoyable thing I saw while I was here. It is not far from the Perth train station if you are traveling by train, just a 5-10 minute walk. Even though the museum was small than I expected, there was still a lot to see and enjoy. There were actually a lot of kids activities on at the time because when I went to check the museum out, it was the beginning of the school holidays. Whether it is school holidays or not, the Perth museum is a good place to take your family. The part I enjoyed most was the butterfly and the sea life exhibits. Just seeing the amount of different butterflies and sea creatures was awesome! The staff are very friendly and are quiet happy to help you in anyway. Entry is free but they do kindly ask for a $5 donation the goes to the museum.
 
At the end of the day, Perth is a nice place to visit for a short time. If you are going to be here for a long period of time, plan your trip well! I'm not sure if I would visit again myself, but I have enjoyed my experience and any experience is good.
 
Anyway until my next entry, happy reading!
 
Jess

Tags: australia, museum, perth

About travelerjess


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.