Existing Member?

Getting lost for fun... My travels around the globe.

More BA!

ARGENTINA | Sunday, 3 March 2013 | Views [285]

Ahhhh Buenos Aires. So week 2 of classes down, and I learned some past tense finally! I think I'm actually starting to kind of get the language in my head...just need to be practicing more. I decided not to do a third week though, because I'm a little irritated with the school and I will not have the same teacher next week. The new teacher is alright, but not nearly as good. So maybe I'll take more classes in another country where it will be a lot cheaper. However, I may be taking tango classes next week instead!

So I found some people at school to go out with. On monday we went to La Bomba de Tiempo, a really cool show put on by 17 musicians (and only 1 woman and 1 black guy), each play a different percussion and it's all improv so every show is different. So I shook my groove thang a little and enjoyed myself. Then on friday I went on a pubcrawl. I feel like that is something I should have done when I was 19. It was a major sausage fest and everyone was about 18 and a half. And surprisingly, most of the people were Argentinians. It was kind of like being on a drunken tour group, they strap a bracelet on you so everyone knows you're on the pubcrawl and everytime you go to a different bar you are walking down the street following the quote on quote guide (the quote key doesn't work), with about 60 other people. All the locals on the street either laugh, glare in annoyance or try to pick-up a hot girl. Yep. We ended our tour at a club and I got home about 7am so it was an alright night. I tried to practice my Spanish with the Argentinian babies but they made fun of me - but I was told later that apparently that's the way and I should't take offense. 
 
Today I went to San Telmo sunday antiques market with a Swiss girl from school (for some reason everyone at my school is either Swiss or German). We saw some tango on the street and ate some good cheap food and drank good coffee. So all in all it was a good weekend. Next week, I'll try to see some museums in my spare time and take advantage of this crazy city before the next country - Ecuador! I booked my flight. As much as I have come to really like Argentina, I am feeling the itch to finally move north. But not before I tickle my tango! That wasn't meant to sound dirty...
 
 

About travelcrazy26


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.