Existing Member?

Tracy's Travels

Notre Dame and Sainte Chapelle

FRANCE | Wednesday, 9 October 2013 | Views [126]

As I predicted, I'm not very good at this blogging caper. And I haven't figured out yet how to upload photos. It was starting to feel a bit too much like work so I'm giving up for the time being and will just try to get my `stories` up-to-date before we leave for Troyes on Monday.

The first thing we did after we`d literally just dumped our bags in the apartment was go looking for food. We checked the map and headed towards Notre Dame hoping to see a cafe on the way. There were only about a hundred cafes to choose from! We also discovered that we seem to be staying in a street lined on both sides with jewellery and handbag shops. There may have been some undignified schoolgirl squealing as we walked along our street.

First tourist stop was Notre Dame which was amazing and incredible that it's been there for 850 years! Even the gargoyles are amazing in their own ugly way.

Second tourist stop was Sainte Chapelle. I had been told how magnificent the stained glass windows are (the most beautiful in all of France according to the guide) and it really is impossible to describe them.

Dinner at a restaurant close to our apartment before collapsing into bed.

About tracyfrance2013


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.