Existing Member?

Rousey & Kath's ripping adventure's Kath & Rousey on the trot around South East Asia!

Tropical South Thailand

THAILAND | Sunday, 25 March 2007 | Views [791]

Well we quickly got out of hot stinky (crazy to shop in) Bangkok and headed for the Sunny South East islands of Thailand. (Koa Tao and Ko Pangang)

It took a whole night and day of travel on trains, buses and boats to get to Koa Toa but we made it and it was well worth the treck. Tommy discovered on the way down that Thai's might not have eski's but if you sing beer songs with the train dudes they'll bring you a bucket full of icy cold beer in ice.

Koa Tao was awesome and I did my dive certificate there.  Will show you all the movie one day it was mad!! My fat pommy teacher voted me most difficult but funniest eva student and wonders how Tommy does it! (Tommy loves it!!) Meanwhile Tommy had to drink beer and hang out with cute aussie chicks on a beach full of topless european beauties for 4 days because the doctors told him not to dive. He had nearly blown his eyeball out snorkelling from not being able to equialize after his  nose op. He didn't seem to mind somehow.

I didn't have all the fun in the water - I heard about a spot we could swim with the sharks feeding off a reef and Tommy and I went out there to check it out, it was unreal! We saw about 10 reef sharks (the biggest about 5 foot) but the under water camera was shit house and missed it all! Maybe that shark was more like 7 or 8 feet who knows, he he!!

Next Island on out hit list was Ko Pangang where the famous full moon party's are held. We did make one and it was crazy crazy and if that wasn't enough we were still around for the Black moon Party (no moon is as good a reason to party in Ko Pangang as a full moon! Hey, Why not??) There were fire twillers, a line of stalls selling hit flasks of booze emptied into mini butchets on ice with red bull and your choice of scweppes can, techno beats and fluro/black light dance tents set up and more!

Besides those exhausting nights we lazed on the beach and had the most amazing snorkle eva! The reef has heaps more colour and life in Pangang than the ones we saw at Koa Toa even though Koa Tao is famous for its reefs. Oh and Tommy now knows how to open a coconut, drink it, eat it and crack the bottom of the shell out on his elbow. Why Not!

Luchia, thanks for the pics of your new apartment, it looks amazing babe, but you have to check out the shots of our $8.50 a night Bungalow at Pangang. I guess we were paying for the view and not the bathroom huh!

Anyway we've crossed over the Peninsula and onto the South West coast of Thailand to land in Krabi where we have been for th elast 3 days. It's a bit of cruisy little local town. The buildings are all grey and old but the food markets are cheap and amazing - You can find a plate for 30-60 Baht ($1 - $2). Tonight's dinner was Chicken, basil and chilli on rice for 30 Baht ($1) and Tommy had fresh fish and veg on rice for 60 Baht ($2) and coke's for 15 Baht each (50c). But we had to give the bottles back and they looked just like the coke bottles from the movie the gods must be crazy. We like fruit shakes the most but - fresh fruit blended with glocose water and ice 20 Baht each (80c - $1).

Tomoorrow we cruise 4 islands on a day trip (for 400 Baht, around $13) and my birthday is on Monday (I will miss you all Boo Hoo) so we are doing a cruize around Phi Phi Islands (this one was a little more) and staying one night in a swanky resort on the famous Railay Beach.

I guess your all of the hook for Pressie's this year but if you're feeling generous you can make a donation to the Motor Neurone Disease Association instead.

Till next time.. Take care

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

About tommygirl


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.