Existing Member?

Inaccessible Myanmar Myanmar round trip April 2011

VISA APPROVED, here we go!

DENMARK | Saturday, 2 April 2011 | Views [600]

Union of Myanmar - Mission ALMOST impossible. Since my visa got rejected, I applied for the Visa at the Myanmar Embassy in Berlin. Knowing now that the profession as a writer wasn´t that popular, I wrote "service engineer" as profession this time. The application was approved in a couple of days and the staff at the Berlin Embassy was really helpful. I strongly recommend to apply for the visa in Berlin. At least they speak very good English.

So, a 22 days trip back in time to a friendly Buddhist country begins.  Thanks CC Travel for arranging everything http://www.cctravel.dk/html/forsiden.php . Great service as always.

Even the longest journey starts with a single step. In our case the journey  started with approx. 1000 steps to the train station. After that a short train jump over the Öresund to Kastrup Airport. Got to love the bridge over Öresund! I still remember the times when the boats were not going because of the weather etc. A man(and a woman) got to ea, so we had a pizza the Copenhagen airport since we had three weeks of Asian cuisine before us. Well, we should have gone for the Yum Yum china box....the pizza was not that tasty.  Actually, it sucked. And what sucked even more was the chefs, or rather cooks, playing Gordon Ramsey shouting YES CHEF at ever order...guys...YOU WORK AT A FAST FOOD JOINT on an airport. It´s not a three star Michelin restaurant. Take easy. You are basically one step over a clerk at Burger King. Besides that, the pizza sucked since the dough was raw in the middle. So much for their "yes chef".  I propose less yelling and more baking next time.

Found our gate at the last moment. I guess we went a bit too far on the "relax, we still have time" thing. The big Thai Jumbo was waiting as always, with the flimsy film projector and noncomprehensive  voice from the security video we started our journey across half of the world to ASIA!  

Tags: copenhagen airport, flying

About tomaszo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Denmark

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.