Existing Member?

Trip of a Lifetime Our 10 month journey around the world.

New York

USA | Saturday, 18 September 2010 | Views [404]

New York - September 5th - 8th

We arrive in New York around 12:00 and head off to our YMCA West side Hostel.  After checking in we decide to head to time square to see all the lights and sights. We then decided to do the tourist thing to do and jumped on the Hop-on-Hop off bus so we could tour all parts of the city.  We headed uptown to see Harlem and central park.  After the loop we decided that we would go to the Broadway show Age of Rock that afternoon.  We had some lunch and went to the show.  It was really good with a funny story line and intergraded 80’s rock.  That evening we would do the night city tour on the bus to see all of the building lit up at night. The next day would take us on the Circle line cruise for an up lose view of the statue of liberty and the New York Skyline.  After the two hour on the boat we walked over to the Empire states building for a quick ride to the 86th floor observatory and some magnificent views of the city and Hudson.  After the vertigo subsided from looking over the edge we jumped back on the bus and completed our visit with the downtown city tour to see ground zero and china town.  We will fly out tomorrow to return to Vancouver to visit with a few friends before  returning to the island.

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.