Existing Member?

Trip of a Lifetime Our 10 month journey around the world.

Bermuda

BERMUDA | Wednesday, 8 September 2010 | Views [535]

 Bermuda - August 26th -  September 4th

With the threat of two Hurricanes on there way to Bermuda we forge on  to see what trouble we can get into.  Yes there is defiantly trouble brewing as my Mom and Dad will be meeting us in Bermuda here at the end of our trip.  We had planned to go to Bermuda a few years ago but standing in the Vancouver airport we were told that Bermuda was being hit by a large Hurricane and that there was no flights going in or out.  Here we stand again with the threat of a Hurricane a day away from Bermuda but the flight leaves on time and off we where to the eye of the storm so it seamed.  Upon arrival at 9:00pm the weather was beautiful a clean warm night and no sign of a storm on the horizon.  We arrived at the apartment only to find that my parents were no where to be found after walking around.  We were a little worried as we were expecting them to have the keys to let us in..  We hoped they didn’t get delayed for some reason as we would be sleeping on the lawn chairs by the pool that night if they weren’t there.  We did find them a short while later as they did come looking for us..  The resorts was nice and quite excepts for the noisy frogs at night.  The pool was refreshing and the beach although a short walk away was nice but quite ruff due to the o approaching Hurricane.  In the morning we rented some scooters and off we went to find a nice place to swim and explore a bit more of Bermuda.  We found a few small beaches and got some time in the water.  We even tried our hand at fishing for dinner.  We had chicken and potatoes that night L..  We had the bikes for 7 days and would explore the hole island.  We swam out to a wreak one day that had be lodged on the reef since the 1800’s and visited all of the old forts dotted around the island.  We visited the town of Hamilton one evening for the street festival. We looked at all of the local handy craft booth’s and watching the local dancers perform in the streets.  I bet you are wondering about the Hurricanes..  We’ll they did go by luckily 200+ miles to the west.  The waves were large on the west coasts from there passing but we were able to fine a nice place to swim every day.  I even managed to catch a few fish for dinner.  All in all Bermuda is a beautiful place.  Well taken care of, the people were more than nice, so friendly that there is even a guy that stands at the large roundabout near Hamilton welcoming everyone each and every day.  We will return to New York, New York for 4 days and them back to reality we will be.    

 

 

Travel Answers about Bermuda

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.