Existing Member?

Trip of a Lifetime Our 10 month journey around the world.

Alicante - Spain

SPAIN | Friday, 16 July 2010 | Views [360]

Alicante - Spain  July 10th - 13th

An easy walk from our train to the hotel and we were home in Alicante.  It was late so Dominoes for dinner..  In the morning we took the tram to the beach were we hoped it would be less busy than down town but no such luck on weekends..  The water was warm and clear so we had a great day at the beach again.  In the evening we were tired so we just had a popcorn and movie night.   We headed up to the cliff top castle for some great views of the city and the beaches.  Luckily we didn’t have to walk this time as there was a long tunnel leading to an Elevator.  We spent the afternoon at the beach. That night the city would go crazy as the finals for the World cup were being played.  Spain against Netherlands..  Spain won and the hole city came alive with honking horns crazy firecrackers booming in the streets and I think every Spanish person waving a red and yellow Spain flag.  The craziness lasted until morning.  We had to move hostels as ours was booked for our last night so we decided to go to the theme park Terra Mitica that was an hour train ride away.  Oh YA and a 30 minute walk that we weren’t expecting..  The rides were fun especially the water rides so we could cool off..  Probably the most bone rattling, head thrashing wooden roller coasted we have ever been on..  (Makes the PNE coaster look modern).  Back to the hostel late and off to bed. We will be flying to Morocco (Fez) in the morning.  Were it is said to be 47 deg L.

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.