Existing Member?

Trip of a Lifetime Our 10 month journey around the world.

Venice

ITALY | Friday, 2 July 2010 | Views [449]

Venice - June 24th - 28th

Venice was only a 4 hour train ride away.  We arrived to great weather. We couldn’t afford to spend the $100+ dollars a night to stay down town Venice so we booked a place just north of town called Mirano.  We had to hop on a bus to get there.  This is when I finally came to the conclusion that Holly is trying to leave me somewhere on the other side of the world. (First trying to ditch me on the subway in Thailand but her shoe got stuck). Well that was right after the bus pulled away with her on it and me standing in the parking lot.  L    She did however realise that I had the cash and credit cards and she couldn’t get far without them so she got off at the first stop and came running back.   Well actually what happened was we were not sure if we had the right bus so I left the bags on the bus with her and went to ask the driver if we were on the right bus.  He indicated to me it was the bus behind his so I jumped off as the bus was full and proceeded to go to the back door.  Just as I arrived there the door slammed close and even after banging on the door and everyone yelling at the bus driver to stop, off it went with Holly and all of the bags.  That will teach us to get on the wrong bus again lol.  In the end we got on the bus and found our place with a sight that she was able to get off quit close by and grabbed all the bags.  In the morning we ventured on the bus again and made our way down town to Venice.  We had a 2 day pass for all of the boats and busses so we headed out to Lido to see the beaches.  After a short visit there we went back to Venice and walked around the canals and maze of streets to all of the churches and museums.  The next day we went to Mirano where all the glass blowing is done to watch some demonstrations of the glass blowing process and checked out the galleries.  Our final day in Venice would be spent at a lovely park with a view of Venice. We watched all the boats and people go by until dinner time and headed back to our cozy little room.  In the morning we would be off to Cinque Terre.  

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.