Existing Member?

Trippin' Around

Home Sweet Home

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 23 July 2008 | Views [670]

Okay, this is just a short note to finish the travel blog off. 

The Oak Hall tour came to a sad end, as our group split, shattering into individual shards like a glass thrown away, we drifted apart with many, many promises to Facebook (i.e. - keep in touch!).

Em-J and I headed off to LilLu's place nine days before our flight left - we didn't get up to much.  We had a lot of plans, but no where near enough energy to do any of it.  We did sort out our passports (necessary), go to Camden (not necessary, but LOTS of fun - Gothic Lolita here I come!), saw "Joseph and the Technicolored Dream Coat", ate Sushi, watched "Prince Caspian" at the cinema, played "Sing Star" with Katy-Kath, ate a LOT of Ben&Jerry's, watched a lot of t.v., slept, played with the cats, celebrated LilLu's b'day, played Badminton (oooo!  Lotta fun!) and generally had a great time.

Then it was off to Heathrow, and believe it or not, 22 or so hours later, and we where home.  We both pretty much zonked out for the next three days, but it's been great catching up with everyone.

So, summing up the whole trip?  

Amazing.  We had so many experiences, made so many new friends, and got through a lot of life-lessons.  Number one being, always give everything at least a day or two before deciding that you hate it!

I can't even begin to touch on the fun and the great banter we had - so many new people to hang with and or freak out!  *hheheehee* 

Well as they say, the proof is in the pudding, or maybe in this case, the amount of photographs we took - more than a couple of thousand, but then again that camera was practically a permanent growth on my wrist.  Take note, it's the latest fashion accessory - straight from Europe!  It's hit all the streets of Italy, France and England!  *wink* 

I guess I'll have to wrap it up on that note; I just can't begin to describe the full extent of our Grand Adventure, but what ever it was, it was perfectly great.  Totally DIDN'T cure our itchy feet either... New lands, new sights, new people:  watch out world, here I come!

Sign off for now, but not forever - b.

Tags: experiences, flights, friends, home, its the end

About tinka


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.