Existing Member?

Roadtrip Australia: Van-Tastic Victoria - Tim & Friends Tim from London embarks on the ultimate Aussie roadtrip as he motors around Victoria with Van-Tastic Adventures - picking up his Aussie mates for six action-packed, free-wheeling weeks of adventure.

SUMMER HOLIDAY AT WILSON'S PROMONTORY

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 13 December 2009 | Views [1609] | Comments [1]

We then made our way to the Wilson’s Promontory National Park. We didn’t really know what to expect but we had heard it was really pretty. This place is incredible! If you only have a short time in Victoria, visiting Wilson Prom has to be a number one priority. There, we saw some of the most beautiful beaches, with pearly white sand, aqua blue water, surrounded by huge burnt orange granite boulders.  The scenery is spectacular, I’m going to put it out there; probably the best I have seen in Australia! The national park looks like it is from Jurassic times, with huge mountains, flat plains and gorgeous beaches. It is  a very unique looking place. There was a huge fire that swept through Wilson’s Prom last year, but the park seems to be recovering quickly. The fires have left some really interesting and beautiful burnt landscapes.

http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/1park_display.cfm?park=217

 The park  is protected and so it feels like it is completely untouched by man. Most of the beaches and lookouts are only accessible by walking tracks, in fact half of the island is quite isolated and can only be reach by overnight hikers.

We absolutely loved the Wilson’s Promontory, especially squeaky beach, where we spent most days, just sunbaking and swimming. We also went exploring and climbed around the granite boulders to the neighbouring beach for a little swim. There were so many times where we were the only people on the beach and it felt like the whole place was ours. The Prom is also one of the only spots in eastern Australia where you can see the sun set over the sea. We took some epic pictures of sunsets and Tim got some great time lapses. The next day went for a hike up to one of the lookouts, where we could see all the way up the western coat of the Promontory. There are so many walks and different beaches to visit, we could have easily spent a few weeks exploring. We had such a wonderful few days just hanging out at Wilson’s Promontory.  It has definitely been the highlight of the trip so far. You have to visit this incredible place!

For more information on travelling around Victoria make sure you check out:

http://www.backpackvictoria.com/

Tags: australia, beaches, mountains, national parks, pacific, road trip, sunburn, van-tastic adventures, vantastic, wilson’s promontory

 

Comments

1

Great video guys...Happy holidays..from Ave and Mr. Doo

  Avetraveller Dec 26, 2009 9:16 PM

About timmyski


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.