Existing Member?

Roadtrip Australia: Van-Tastic Victoria - Tim & Friends Tim from London embarks on the ultimate Aussie roadtrip as he motors around Victoria with Van-Tastic Adventures - picking up his Aussie mates for six action-packed, free-wheeling weeks of adventure.

A-SCUBA MATATTA, WHAT A WONDERFUL PHRASE

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 7 December 2009 | Views [972]

So while we were filming “Whales Blowhole” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmzjX1N2zlY) Tim had to jump off a pier, and even though we got it first take I made him do it again and he burst his eardrum! Oops! :( So poor old Timmy had to sit inside and edit all day while I went diving! We headed to Portsea, a very beautiful, and very posh town at the end of Mornington Peninsular. There, BAYPLAY taught me how to dive! At first I thought I wouldn’t be able to do it, I was finding breathing through the mouthpiece quite difficult. I was worried we would have another skydive situations on our hands, but once I was in the water everything came naturally and it was fine. In fact, I was loving it! We practiced in the pool for a bit, just to get our buoyancy and breathing right and then headed for the sea!

Portsea is a great place to go diving, it has a huge range of wildlife including the famous Weedy Sea Dragon, Victoria’s pride procession! So we just dove around the Portsea pier looking at all the creatures. There were lots of puffer fish, I kept trying to touch them to make it inflate, but apparently you have to squeeze them quite hard to make them do it. It was a really fun dive and I am definitely going to do it again!

Thank you Bay Play for an awesome day in the water!

http://www.bayplay.com.au/

Also, make sure you watch our video, which has some footage of the dive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2ckagucC2k

For more info on traveling in Victoria check out:

www.backpackmelbourne.com

Tags: australia, diving, ocean, portsea, road trip, scuba, van-tastic adventures, vantastic, weedy sea dragon, world nomads

About timmyski


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.