Existing Member?

Roadtrip Australia: Van-Tastic Victoria - Tim & Friends Tim from London embarks on the ultimate Aussie roadtrip as he motors around Victoria with Van-Tastic Adventures - picking up his Aussie mates for six action-packed, free-wheeling weeks of adventure.

BOTTLE NOSED AND BAD ASS!

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 30 November 2009 | Views [1427]

For me, today has probably been the highlight of the tour so far as we went swimming with dolphins! Tim and I once again exposed our very raw, burnt faces to the harsh Australian sun and took a boat from Queenscliff into Port Phillip Bay to swim with wild dolphins. It was so cool being able to swim with these beautiful animals in the wild. I think if they had been captive it would have just really upset me. The dolphins are really inquisitive and enjoy coming to play with the snorkelers. My favorite part of the trip was actually swimming the Australia Fur Seals. These were the rejected males from nearby breeding colonies so rest assure no sharks were going to come and join us. These guys were quite the bachelors, just chilling out on their house, popping in and out of the water to check us out. They were so beautiful and agile in the water, and came right up close to say hello and play.  Tim was even touching them! Snorkeling around the bay was really beautiful and we got to see loads of wildlife, including the infamous sea dragons! We even caught some crabs and cooked them on board for a little snack. The crew from SEA ALL DOLPHINS SWIM were awesome and showed us how to surf the back of the boat just like the dolphins. It was a great out on the water and this time we didn’t get burnt, yay!

Tim and I both highly recommend this trip. It was so much fun. It also probably one of the only spots you can swim safely with seals and swim with wild dolphins.

http://www.dolphinswims.com.au/

Thanks to the Travis, Willo, Rob for making it such an enjoyable day. These guys clearly love their jobs and went to such an effort to ensure we had the best time.

 

Thanks guys!

Em and Tim

Also for more info on traveling in Victoria check out:

www.backpackmelbourne.com

Tags: australia, backpacking, campervan, dolphins, port phillip bay, road trip, van-tastic adventures, vantastic, victoria, world nomads

About timmyski


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.