Existing Member?

my big adventures

adjusting to asia

SRI LANKA | Wednesday, 23 January 2013 | Views [355]

At the start I was quite scared.But now i have got used to it actually.  there are three wheeled cars called tuktuks . We took a tuk tuk to Galle, they are a bit like mopeds but with a roof, they are two strokes and  they have no doors. People who drive in them, often sleep in them,  You have to agree a price before you travel.  the price for 10km is about 200 rupees.

I just wanted to tell you about thste coins.The coins are called rupees so two hundred rupees is £1.in

They have very funny hair styles, some of them get their hair bald on top and the girls all wear plaits or have short hair.

I have been eating sri lankan breakfast.  Which consists of coconut sambol, (grated coconut with chilli), daal (split pea curry), string hoppers, they are a bit like noodles but they bounce around  a lot like a frog but they are made out of rice flour.  With this you also eat an onion chutney , this is the only bit I don't like.  We also have fruit lassis.  The national fruits are bananas, coconuts, mangoes and papaya.  They also eat beef and chicken but we haven't eten beef as we haven't seen any cows!!

 

About theus

me on arrival at atlantis water park

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Sri Lanka

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.