Existing Member?

scrambled eggs Our adventures through Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia for 7 months.

Trip to Guaranda

ECUADOR | Wednesday, 27 December 2006 | Views [516] | Comments [1]

Tried to take the "Devils nose" train in Riobamba. Arrived at train station just after 6am to find tickets all sold out. Wandered to the bus terminal instead and headed 2 hours out to Guaranda. Quiet town, meandered up to the top of the hill to see the Indian monument the town is named after. Glen took us on an adventure through peoples fields and over a large brickwall. I was not real impressed at the time. Attempted to head home but found out it helps if people tell you the right spot to wait for the bus. We waited 2 1/2 hours but finally got home. Saw lots of wild llamas and their cousins on the way.

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

Wow, I am so jealous! You guys seam like you are having a blast... the bike ride sounded awesome, even though your bottoms might not have agreed, I am sure you are still happy you had the adventure!

So, you are learning spanish... have you gotten far enough along in your studies to learn that the city you are in, "banos", is Spanish for "bathrooms"! I think that is funny, but it sounds like a great city! Sorry, but no one in my family can figure out who told me about the school in Peru that you could volunteer for in exchange for room and board! Have you had any luck finding a place to volunteer? How have your hostels been?

This is a great website! I am going to have to remember this on my next adventures!

I look forward to more stories!

Have fun and be safe!

Erika

  Erika Dec 29, 2006 5:45 AM

About thehappyeggs


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.