Existing Member?

Adventures of the Black girls Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow - what a Ride!

Our last few days in Vietnam

VIETNAM | Thursday, 9 April 2009 | Views [1006]

Our last week in Vietnam went by SO fast! We spent our last day in Mui Ne going on a tour with some friends from the UK that included sand dunes and sand dune boarding and hiking through some Fairy Stream. The tour was lots of fun... but we didn't realize that we were signing up for a sand-dune facial and full body exfoliation. After going back to our hotel for a nap, we went to an all-you-can-east BBQ on the beach at a bar called POGO with everyone. We spent the night drinking under the stars and discussing how hard it'll be to go back to real life after this!

The next day we caught the bus to Ho Chi Minh City and met up with our friends to find some accomodation and pizza. The next day, we caught a local bus to try and go to this waterpark we'd heard so many good things about. We ended up being told the wrong place, and ended up at a Vietnamese theme park...but still had an awesome time playing in the kid's pool and going down the 2 waterslides. That night we ate at the local market and learnt how to play a new drinking game, "21". We were all having an awesome time until our friend left to pick us up some more rum, and on her way had her bag stolen with all her money, camera, and her Gnome.  We tried to cheer her up with a bottle of cheap whiskey and HBO.

The next day we had planned to do the tunnels... but ended up sleeping in until noon and missing the tour. We ran errands all day instead. That night we went to an all-you-can-eat Pizza and pasta buffet. We couldn't find the karaokee bars, so we ended up buying $1 bottles of rum and going back to our hotel to play some games. Before we new it it was 5am, and we'd gone through 3 bottles of rum and 10 beer. So we decided it was time for bed.

The next day we said bye to two of the boys, and had our last Vietnamese meal at the market. Today, we got up and caught our flights from Saigon into Phuket, and signed ourselves up for our 3-week Muay Thai camp. We'll keep you posted on how it goes! Hopefully we'll be Thai boxing masters in no time!!

Love,

Kristin and Tanis.

About theblackgirls


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.