Existing Member?

Adventures of the Black girls Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow - what a Ride!

Beach-Time in Vietnam.

VIETNAM | Thursday, 2 April 2009 | Views [1141]

Kristin's Birthday

Kristin's Birthday

We were kept busy in Hoi An, jumping from place to place that we were having clothes made at.  It was tough to stop getting clothes made, and we ended up shipping a big box home full of shirts, dresses, sandals, etc... We had a fun night out at the "Happy King Kong Bar" for Kristin's birthday.

The next day, we caught our next overnight bus to Nha Trang. The beach in Nha Trang is incredible... and it was the first beach day we'd been at in what seemed like months! We spent our first day lounging on the beach, working on gaining back our tans. We also had lunch at the Sailing Club, and celebrated one of our friend's birthdays having Mexican, then heading to the Why Not? bar for a few buckets.  After, we went to the sailing club for a little bit of dancing, and a few more "buckets," which are really Jam Jars. We stayed in a pretty nice hotel in Nha Trang that had the comfiest beds and pillows, not to mention the greatest AC. Oh, and arooftop pool that overlooked the ocean.

The next day, we were excited for that evening's huge beach-party at the Sailing Club.  During the day, we all got new haircuts (which were much needed!) We went for supper and made it to Crazy Kim's just in time for 2 for 1 margaritas! We then ventured over to the Red Apple, which is the backpacker's bar for some more cheap drinks.  We ended up befriending the owner of the club, who invited us to accompany him to the beach party in his jeep. We got into the party for free (It would have cost us about $7 each otherwise), and were greeted by the owner of the sailing club. We felt like VIP! We spent the rest of the night dancing on the sand.  When the becah party shut down, we tried to move to another bar but they turned us away so we partied on the roof-top of our new friend's hotel, and saw the sunrise on the beach.

The next day we were all a bit slow-moving. Kristin sat by the pool all afternoon, while Tanis enjoyed the beds and AC until 4 pm. The night was chill... we went back to the Red Apple for a few drinks to say bye to some of the friends that were moving on.

The next day, Tanis and the girls went on a day boat trip to 4 of the nearby islands (Kristin was sick all day :( BOO!) We got to go snorkelling, sing karaokee on the boat, and enjoy happy hour at the floating bar while in tubes.

Our last day in Nha Trang, we started off with lunch at the Sailing Club... we loved their wraps! Then we had massages on the beach, and enjoyed the sun. For supper, we went to our favorite place for Spring Rolls... it turned out quite bizarre as the waiter seemed quite interested in the one male at our table, and kept commenting on his clothing, and touching his "strong muscles" and asking him if he was married. The rest of us were quite amused. We basically ran out of there... We went to the A-Mart, which is the first place we've found wtih Salt & Vinegar chips. Yum! That night, Tanis and Jifka went out for one last night in Nha Trang at the Why Not bar.

The next day we took the bus to Mui Ne, and were disappointed that the Kitesurfing lessons are WAY out of our budget. We're trying to decide where to go next... whether we spend the next month in the Philippines, or head to Thailand for an extra month. We'll keep you posted!

Love,

Kristin and Tanis.

About theblackgirls


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.