Existing Member?

Adventures of the Black girls Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow - what a Ride!

Christchurch to Mt. Cook

NEW ZEALAND | Tuesday, 17 February 2009 | Views [548]

After our weekend in Hamner Springs, we met Melissa at the airport on Monday.  We went out for a few drinks that night in Christchurch with some of our new friends from Hamner Springs.

Tuesday morning, we woke up bright and early to check our of our hostel and pick up our Campervan! Once we had our van (whose name is Rooby), we drove to the Antarctic Center... where we paid far too much money to stand on snow... touch snow... look at pictures of snow... (not like we couldn't do that at home for free!). We did get to see live penguins and learn a few cool facts about Antarctica. We spent the rest of the day driving to Mt Cook.

We spent the next day in Mt. Cook doing a big 4-hr hike through the Hooker Valley. The hike had a few swing bridges, and ended at Hooker Lake where there were floating ice bergs!!  After our hike, we packed up our van and continued driving down to Queenstown.

Tags: antarctic center, hiking, mt. cook

About theblackgirls


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.