Existing Member?

Adventures of the Black girls Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow - what a Ride!

Our Spa weekend in Hamner Springs

NEW ZEALAND | Tuesday, 17 February 2009 | Views [2405]

Sorry for the long delay in writing.. We've been SO busy enjoying New Zealand!! We left off saying we were headed our of the city for a luxurious spa weekend. We drove out to Hamner Springs on Friday the 6th, and checked into our hotel, the gorgeous Heritage Hotel. We spent most of the day sitting around our pool and watching movies on tv in the air conditioning!!

On Saturday, we woke up early and tried to go for a hike. There was a fire ban on for most of the area around Hamner Springs that restricted their hikes, but we were told that if you drove about 30 minutes out of the town there were open walks. We misunderstood the map, and ended up spending an hour driving around roads that were only meant for a 4 x 4 vehicle... not our little purple Betty!! We finally gave up, and went and spent the day by the thermal pools instead! There were about 12 different pools in the area, each was a different temperature and had different minerals in the water.  We hung out there until about supper time.  After supper, we decided that we shouldn't be lame and have another tv night, so we decided to go out for A drink in Hamner Springs... We ended up at the Alpine Bar, and we met some guy who insisted that we try this shooter he discovered in Canada. Our one drink turned into several drinks... and we ended up having a good night out in Hamner Springs!

The next day, we had to wake up far too early to check out of our hotel and head to the spa for our spa day! We started off in the steam room, followed by a relaxing massage and facial. Then back to relaxing in the thermal pools! We said goodbye to Hamner Springs and drove back to Christchurch.

Tags: hamner springs, pools, spa

 

About theblackgirls


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.