Existing Member?

The Misadventures Of Seinor Malo Just little tid-bits of good places, good food and good adventres.

Just a few days

ECUADOR | Monday, 12 February 2007 | Views [399]

Well good morning nomads.  Time to transfer back to the hostel Posada Del Maple.  I prefer it to Hotel Rio Amazonas.  I will take a month in a good hostel over a couple of days in a 3, 4 or 5 star hotel any day of the week.  You just can't beat the experience that a hostel provides.  If you want to spend your vacation alone and not get to know anyone then the Hilton is the way to go.  Ok don't get me wrong you may get to know the staff.  You can get that at a hostel and you will get to know all of the other guest as well.  A couple days to rest and relax.  I would love to say I spent my time sight seeing and partying it up.  But, the body needs sleep to recharge the batteries.  Ok I can't lie.  I didn't rest and relax.  I kept myself very busy and in the company of friends.  I went to cable car up the mountain top to get the birds eye view of Quito.  It's rather strange taking a ski lift to the top of a mountain without skis and no snow.  What a view.  My only question is where the hell did the air go.  You have defiantly gone well above nosebleed territory when your at the top of the mountains here.  Heck the city is at an elevation of 9200 ft.  At the tops of the mountains well I don't what to say other than it's damn high.  I also checked out a few of the local museums.  And of course, partied with my new local friends.  Can't let lack of sleep get in the way of a good time right? 

Tags: Friends

About thebauerguy


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.