Existing Member?

The Misadventures Of Seinor Malo Just little tid-bits of good places, good food and good adventres.

An other day in paradise

ECUADOR | Tuesday, 13 February 2007 | Views [455]

Morning all.  It's off to the airport for an early morning flight to the Galapagos.  I am totally filled with the anticipation of the trip.  I can't wait to see the islands with their varieties of wild life.  I am just totally amped 15 days on the Island Santa Cruz in the Galapagos.  This I defiantly one of the best places in the world to go scuba diving.  As we land in Baltra the deep blue of the sea stretches as far as the eye can see.  The island seems very dry with lots of cactus.  Not what I expected but then I realized, I was on the dry side of the island.  After a while the bags are place out for everyone to hunt though the piles to find their bags.  Come on this isn't LAX after all.  I buy myself a bus ticket to Puerto Ayoro.  I think that's where I am going.  Maybe I should pay a little more attention to the details of my trip.  Naa.  I get on the bus and enjoy the scenery but before I know it, it's time to get off the bus.  I come to find the island we landed on is not the island I am staying on.  It appears there is a small canal about 300 meters or so across that I have to cross.  So it's pile the luggage on top of the boat and climb aboard.  Surprise boat fee is not included in the bus ticket.  No problem what's 50 cents.  Oh look there is an other bus.  Hey guess what the ticket is good for bus number two.  How lucky.  Of course your hounded by the taxi drivers.  Maybe I should have taken a taxi.  There is one road across the island and it takes 45 minutes to drive it.  The driver would have known where I wanted to go and I wouldn't have had to schlep my bags across town in the midday heat.  The bus makes only two stops.  One at the canal and the other one the opposite end of town from where I want to be.  Fortunately I found my hostel on the way to the dive shop so I was able to drop my bags off.  After checking in a the dive shop it was off to find supplies.  I wonder what that could include.  Tang, water, beer.  That should be enough for a couple of days.  What else does a man need.  Ok so the Tang was extra but it goes well with water.  I get back to the hostel about 3 and claim myself a hammock.  I fell asleep for 3 hours.  You couldn't have woken me up by setting me on fire.  I guess I was a little tired.  With the evening creeping along it's time for dinner and that beer is calling my name.  This evening I spent my time doing a little relaxing and spent some more time in the hammock.  I met a few guests here at the La Perigrina.  Jimmy and Andrea (Sweden) and I stayed up till about 2:30 bs'n.  What goes with beer and whiskey as well as shootin the shit?

Tags: On the Road

About thebauerguy


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.