Existing Member?

Carl and Beccy Haines Carl and Beccy Haines are off for a whole year to travel the world!

Castles and Temples

JAPAN | Monday, 5 November 2007 | Views [248]

Well yesterday (Sun) saw us check in at the Kyoto Backpackers Hostel which is a great place with FREE internet AND laundry!!!  It's a bit far out of the centre of Kyoto but lovely nevertheless.  We decided to take a bus trip to the Golden Palace and it was stunning... Such a beautiful place although swarming with tourists!!!  Then we bought some food for tea back to the hostel, oh and a few beers, and met a nice OZ/NZ couple who are on month 14 of their RTW!!!  Drank far to much beer and went to bed!  Had a good nights sleep!

This morning (Mon 5th) saw us get up and take a train ride to Himeji where the most famous and beautiful castle is situated... It was HUGE and very beautiful.  It then rained so we stopped off in Kobe to have a wuick look around but sadly it's not that attractive because it suffered a huge earthquake in 95 and so nearly all the buildings have been re-built...

Then back to the hostel where we've bought some pot noodles and beer and wine for tea!!  Very glamorous.

B and C xxxx

(having difficulty putting pictures on World Nomads so they`re on Flickr)

Tags: Beautiful Japan

About the-haines-rtw


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.